Point sur les classements - Semaine #75

Évolution des tops et de l'activité des joueurs

DETROIT (AP) —

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Dim 05 Mai 2019, 04:23

Kyle Brodziak didn’t remember the last time he scored a goal for Edmonton. Back with the Oilers this season after nine years away Womens Connor Hellebuyck Jersey , he got two Saturday night.Brodziak scored his first two goals of the season and star center Connor McDavid ran his point streak to seven games in the Oilers’ 4-3 win over the Detroit Red Wings.Brodziak, 34, played for the Minnesota Wild and St. Louis Blues before returning to Edmonton this season as a free agent. The center’s last goal for the Oilers had come on March 27, 2009.“No. I honestly don’t really remember it. I don’t even know if they keep video from that long ago,” Brodziak said of that goal. “I’ve tried seeing some of the old ones from when I was an Oiler. They’re tough to find.”Drake Caggiula and Alex Chiasson also scored for Edmonton, which has won five of its last six. McDavid and Jujhar Khaira had two assists each and Mikko Koskinen made 23 saves.“It was a pretty exciting night for him and his teammates,” Oilers coach Todd McLellan said of Brodziak.McDavid has five goals and five assists for 10 points during his run.Jacob de la Rose, defenseman Danny DeKeyser and Tyler Bertuzzi scored for Detroit, which had won three straight. Gustav Nyquist had two assists and Jonathan Bernier stopped 38 shots.“I think everyone could have been better tonight,” Bernier said. “I thought we gave them a few goals by our mistakes and not protecting the slot.”Bertuzzi scored with 18:26 with Bernier pulled for the extra attacker to make it 4-3 with his fifth goal.DeKeyser brought the Red Wings to 3-2 with 36 seconds left in the second period. It was his first goal of the year, as he returned after missing eight games with a hand injury.Brodziak’s second goal, 8:57 into the third period, restored Edmonton’s two-goal lead.Chiasson gave the Oilers a 2-1 lead, 1:15 into the second period. He scored on a one-time shot from the left circle, off a cross-ice pass from McDavid. The goal came with Edmonton playing 6-on-5 Dmitry Kulikov Jersey , as a penalty was being called on Detroit and was Chiasson’s sixth.Brodziak made it 3-1 with 5:31 left in the second on a one-timer from the slot for his first.Caggiula opened the scoring just 12 seconds into the game on a shot from the bottom of the right circle. He took a pass from McDavid, who was behind the net and had outmaneuvered Detroit’s Dylan Larkin for the puck on a dump in. It was Caggiula’s fifth goal and third in two games.De la Rose tied it for the Red Wings with 5:08 left in the first period. It was de la Rose’s first goal of the season and his first for Detroit.NOTE: Larkin had an assist to extend his point streak to four games (two goals, six assists). … Edmonton activated RW Tie Rattie off injured reserve on Friday. He had missed seven games with an upper-body injured. The Oilers also recalled D Kevin Gravel from AHL Bakersfield. Neither played Saturday night. … Detroit D Jonathan Ericsson missed the game with an undisclosed injury. Forwards Frans Nielsen (undisclosed), Andreas Athanasiou (leg), and Thomas Vanek were also out due to injuries.UP NEXTOilers: At Washington on Monday night.Red Wings: Host Vancouver on Tuesday night. LAS VEGAS (AP) — The Vancouver Canucks celebrated their annual Father’s Trip with a victory in Las Vegas.Markus Granlund scored in the shootout and the Canucks rejoiced on their special night on the Las Vegas Strip after defeating the Golden Knights 3-2 Wednesday night.“It was a gutty performance by a lot of our guys tonight,” Vancouver coach Travis Green said. “I like how our guys responded and gutted it out. The guys played hard tonight.”Canucks goalie Jacob Markstrom stopped all four shots he faced in the shootout, and made 33 saves.Bo Horvat kept his hot streak going, scoring both of Vancouver’s goals. He now has nine points (seven goals, two assists) in the last nine games. But it was his hustle on the defensive end with a little more than two minutes left in overtime that produced the play of the game.Jonathan Marchessault, who leads the Golden Knights with 10 points, had a chance for a breakaway and was closing in on Markstrom, but was thwarted by Horvat, whose backcheck knocked the puck away.“I’m just trying to win hockey games,” Horvat said. “The whole team is. Part of my success is playing good at both ends of the rink. My defensive game is feeding my offense. If I keep doing that and keep simplifying my game and being that complete player, good things will happen.”Marchessault Youth Dustin Byfuglien Jersey , Max Pacioretty, Erik Haula and William Karlsson all missed their opportunities in the shootout.Pacioretty and Ryan Reaves scored for the Golden Knights. Marc-Andre Fleury stopped 24 of 26 shots.The Canucks, who played their seventh road game in their last nine contests, are 2-0 in overtime games and now 1-0 in shootouts. The Golden Knights, who won a shootout in Minnesota in their second game of the season, are 1-1 in shootouts.Green said it’s been his team’s resolve that has helped overcome the injury bug.The Canucks were without rookie sensation Elias Pettersson, who leads all rookies with five goals, and missed his fifth straight game due to a concussion. All-Star Brock Boeser is dealing with a groin injury and missed his first game of the season, while Christopher Tanev, Sven Baertschi and Alexander Edler were lost during Wednesday’s game.“We’ve talked about being hard to play against right from Day One and not wavering, sticking with the game,” Green said. “We know the type of game we need to play, especially now. We’re down a lot of guys right now. I like how our team has just stuck with it. Each of them knows how they need to play to have success, and they’re doing it.”The Golden Knights, meanwhile http://www.officialhockeyjetsshop.com/authentic-adidas-jacob-trouba-jersey , extended their penalty kill streak to 13 over their last five games, but continued to struggle with their power play, going 0 for 4. They’re a league worst 2 for 28 this season with a man advantage.“They’re getting some opportunities,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. “The execution wasn’t there all the time, but there’s two or three chances in every power play. When things are going good they go in the back of the net. They’re getting chances, it’s getting better. They’re doing the best they can.”Pacioretty scored his second goal of the season to open the scoring and give Vegas a lead early in the second period, but Vancouver tied the game when Horvat redirected Loui Eriksson shot from the point. Horvat’s second goal made it 2-1 a minute later after he raced down the left side and unleashed a wicked wrist shot over Fleury’s glove.Reaves tied the game late in the second period with his second goal of the season.“We knew they were going to come hard, but I thought we did a good job shutting that team down,” Horvat said. “I think everyone’s gelling together. Everyone’s ambitious to prove ourselves that we can be a good contender, and so far we’re proving that. Everyone was pretty pumped after the game, obviously having our dads here. You want to win in front of them.”NOTES: Chris Tanev played in his 400th career game, all with the Canucks. … Vegas’ Alex Tuch made his season debut after sitting out the first eight games with a lower-body injury. … Vegas announced after the game it signed suspended defenseman Nate Schmidt to a six-year contract extension through the 2024-25 season worth an average annual value of $5.95 million.UP NEXTVancouver: Visits Arizona on Thursday.Vegas: Hosts Tampa Bay on Friday.
laiyongcai92

Message(s) : 393
MP: Contacter

John Tavares is earning

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Dim 05 Mai 2019, 04:38

NEWARK Authentic Mikael Backlund Jersey , N.J. (AP) — every penny of the seven-year, $77 million contract the Toronto Maple Leafs gave him in the offseason.Not only is he living up to the hype, the 28-year-old center is having a career year.Tavares scored twice and hit the 300-goal mark for his career in leading the Maple Leafs to a 4-2 victory over the New Jersey Devils on Thursday night.“It’s always that more satisfying when it contributes to a big win, especially bouncing back after the other night, so credit a lot of guys who I’ve played with over my career because obviously that was a big part of helping me be successful,” said Tavares, who also picked up an assist on linemate Mitch Marner’s empty-net goal with 22 seconds to play.Tavares’ best season was 38 goals and 48 assists in 2014-15 with the Islanders. He now had 29 goals and 21 assists in 43 games with the Maple Leafs.Tavares and Marner were helped by the return of left wing Zach Hyman, who was activated missing eight games with an ankle injury.“They’re awesome,” Hyman said after posting a plus-4 night. “I just try and get them the puck as much as I can. John’s pretty tenacious on it and you see how strong he is and how he gets the puck back all the time. He’s one of the best finishers around the net. Mitch is an elite passer but he can also get himself open to shoot and you’re seeing more of that this year.”Defenseman Ron Hainsey also scored in Toronto’s three-goal first period and third-string goaltender Michael Hutchinson made 27 saves as the Maple Leafs beat the Devils for the third time in as many games.“We need to start stringing together wins and playing complete games and giving ourselves a shot,” forward Kyle Palmieri said after New Jersey lost for the fourth time in five games. “Tonight, obviously, we dug ourselves a bit of hole Mike Smith Jersey , but it was good to see we stuck with our game.”Blake Coleman and Brian Boyle scored in a 26-second span for the Devils late in the second period to get New Jersey within a goal. Keith Kinkaid made 39 saves, including two on Tavares that prevented his hat trick and 30th goal of the season.Hutchinson, who was acquired in a trade with Florida on Dec. 29, made his fourth straight start with Frederik Anderson and Garret Sparks out with injuries. He came up big early in the third period, stopping Brett Seney in close.The Maple Leafs outscored the Devils 13-3 in winning the first two games this season, and it looked like they were headed for another blowout after the opening 20 minutes.Hainsey scored his first goal since Nov. 23 with a shot from the left point at 4:30. Tavares got his 300th goal less than three minutes later, lifting the rebound of Jake Gardiner’s shot past Kinkaid. He would add No. 301 in the waning seconds of the period, finishing off a great play on which Mitch Marner made a cross-ice pass to Morgan Rielly and the defenseman found Tavares with another cross-ice pass for a shot into an open net.New Jersey didn’t make it a game until the later stages of the second period when Coleman and Boyle woke up the crowd at the Prudential Center. Coleman got his career-best 14th goal and third in four games, putting his own rebound past Hutchinson. Boyle scored on a shot that might have been deflected by Gardiner.The Devils were outshot 15-3 in the third period.NOTES: The Devils placed G Mackenzie Blackwood (lower body) on injured reserve and recalled F Kevin Rooney from Binghamton (AHL). … Reigning MVP Taylor Hall (lower body) missed his eighth straight game. … Kasimir Kaskisuo was recalled from the AHL Toronto Marlies on emergency basis to back up Hutchinson.UP NEXTMaple Leafs: Host the Boston Bruins on Saturday night.Devils: Host the Philadelphia Flyers on Saturday. WASHINGTON (AP) The Stanley Cup Final is a block party for the Washington Capitals.For all of Evgeny Kuznetsov’s points on offense and Braden Holtby’s saves in net, the Capitals are one win away from blocking their way to the Cup. They’ve gotten in front of almost a third of the Vegas Golden Knights’ shots, blocking with enough smarts and precision to take a 3-1 series lead into Game 5 Thursday.”There’s more to blocking shots than just going out there and trying to get hit,” Holtby said. ”We’re doing a great job of creating the right layers Artemi Panarin Jersey , guys going out there strategically to know which lane I’m picking for sight lines and they’re taking away the other half and making big blocks.”Washington is blocking in quantity and quality in the final, 86 total, in limiting Vegas to 124 shots on Holtby – many of which he’s seeing and stopping . Even star captain Alex Ovechkin is blocking shots as he gets closer to tasting his first championship.”You see `O’ jumping in front of shots, it makes everyone on the team want to do the same,” winger Devante Smith-Pelly said.Blocking shots is a team-wide commitment right now and comes from a season’s worth of skaters, goaltending coach Scott Murray, Holtby and Philipp Grubauer getting on the same page. The goalies have worked on making sure they can see past blocks to give players the confidence to get in front of pucks.And in return, Capitals players study opponents’ tendencies and consciously decide when to try to block a shot and not so Holtby isn’t at a disadvantage.”You obviously don’t want to cross in front of him,” center Jay Beagle said. ”You don’t want to become a screen. So if you miss the block, which happens, guys are good at shooting pucks and stuff, you want it still so from your standpoint you didn’t hinder Holts’ view.”Defensemen have an understanding of which half of the net is their responsibility and which half is Holtby’s. Forwards closer to the blue line have to react quickly http://www.officialcoyotes.com/authentic-adidas-oliver-ekman-larsson-jersey , take the right angle and get to the shooter.”If guys have time and space, they’re going to be able to sift one through,” Smith-Pelly said. ”For the forwards, it’s just going out there pretty hard and just getting in the way.”The amount of shots the Capitals have blocked through four games seems to be getting in the Golden Knights’ heads. They’re struggling to get quality shots through and resorting to settling for lower-danger scoring chances.”If you’re going to take shots, make sure they pay a price for blocking those shots,” Vegas coach Gerard Gallant said. ”Shoot it harder.”Capitals coach Barry Trotz doesn’t want his players thinking too much about blocking shots or hesitating. He doesn’t care much about Ovechkin’s blocking form or the philosophy of shot-blocking as long as it keeps the puck out of the net.”If you’re positionally sound, if you’re in shot lanes, block the shot,” Trotz said. ”It’s all about will.”And that will can turn into skill. Washington has been comfortable and confident enough in the final to push the puck up ice quickly, and a well-timed block shot can set the table for an odd-man rush.”The less shots they have, the more opportunities we’re gonna have in offensive zone,” defenseman Dmitry Orlov said. ”Sometimes when you block it Richard Panik Jersey , you get quicker pass and you jump on the rush and you got 3-on-2 or 4-on-3.”The Golden Knights by this point are well-aware of that. But they don’t really have a solution.”You just have to – I don’t know – defensemen, puck fake, maybe move around, or maybe look for a guy off to the side, or put it off the end wall,” forward Alex Tuch said. ”There are a bunch of different plays that could happen and when they’re blocking shots they’re getting momentum from it, and if they’re blocking shots and having odd-man rushes that’s even worse. ”In addition to a suffocating neutral-zone trap that’s not easy to play but has frustrated opponents for four rounds, the Capitals have embraced a shot-blocking-when-it-matters mentality.”It’s not exactly fun, but you got to do if you really want to win,” Smith-Pelly said. ”Everyone is on board with doing those things.”—More Stanley Cup coverage: https://apnews.com/tag/StanleyCupFinals
laiyongcai92

Washington Capitals

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Lun 13 Mai 2019, 04:18

(42-22-7 Eric Fehr Jersey Womens , first in the Metropolitan Division) vs. Tampa Bay Lightning (54-13-4, first in the Atlantic Division)Tampa, Florida; Saturday, 7 p.m. EDTBOTTOM LINE: The Washington Capitals travel to Amalie Arena to face the top-ranked team in the Eastern Conference, the Tampa Bay Lightning.The Lightning have gone 29-6-2 in home games. Tampa Bay averages 10.5 points per game to lead the Eastern Conference, recording 3.8 goals and 6.7 assists per game.The Capitals are 15-6-2 against opponents from the Metropolitan Division. Washington ranks fourth in the Eastern Conference averaging 3.4 goals per game, led by Alex Ovechkin with 46. The matchup Saturday is the first meeting this season between the two teams.TOP PERFORMERS: Ryan McDonagh leads the Lightning with a plus-32 in 71 games played this season. Nikita Kucherov has collected 16 points over the last 10 games for Tampa Bay.LAST 10 GAMES: Capitals: 8-2-0 Greg Pateryn Jersey Womens , averaging 3.9 goals, 6.8 assists, 4.1 penalties and 8.5 penalty minutes while giving up 2.4 goals per game with a .914 save percentage.Lightning: 8-2-0, averaging 3.3 goals, 6.2 assists, 4.5 penalties and 10.6 penalty minutes while giving up 2.4 goals per game with a .924 save percentage.Lightning Injuries: Anton Stralman: day to day (lower body), Dan Girardi: day to day (lower body).Capitals Injuries: None listed. PITTSBURGH (AP) — The Pittsburgh Penguins acquired forwards Nick Bjugstad and Jared McCann from the Florida Panthers on Friday for forwards Derick Brassard and Riley Sheahan and three 2019 draft picks.The deal gives the Penguins an influx of youth in the 26-year-old Bjugstad and the 22-year-old McCann as they make another playoff push. The Panthers Womens Luke Kunin Jersey , meanwhile, get some salary-cap flexibility and two expiring contracts that could help at the trade deadline.“We think we’ve got two very good players,” Penguins coach Mike Sullivan said. “We’re really excited about these guys and we think they’re going to make us a better team.”Bjugstad has five goals and seven assists in 32 games for the Panthers this season while McCann has eight goals and 10 assists in 46 games with Florida. Bjugstad is signed through 2021 and carries a contract with an average value of $4.1 million. McCann’s deal is through 2020 and pays him an average of $1.25 million per season.Panthers general manager Dale Tallon said it was difficult to part with Bjugstad and McCann.“You’ve got to put the personal feelings aside and do what’s right for the franchise,” Tallon said. “It’s hard to do sometimes, but necessary.”This marks the end of Pittsburgh’s experiment in attempting to make 31-year-old Brassard the team’s third-line center.“To (Brassard’s) defense, he was asked to play a role that’s different than he’s played in his career,” Sullivan said. “Him and I have had a lot of conversations over the last year or so on trying to help him establish his game in the role we’re trying to cast him in. I think our expectations were so high of him because we value how good of a player he is.”Acquired in a deal with Ottawa last season Marcus Foligno Jersey , Brassard struggled to generate much offense during his brief time with the Penguins, collecting just 12 goals in 64 games with Pittsburgh.“Sometimes that happens for whatever reason,” Sullivan said. “I still have so much respect for (Brassard) and the person and player that he is. It’s unfortunate that it didn’t work the way we had all hoped.”The 27-year-old Sheahan, brought over in a trade with Detroit early in the 2017-18 season, had 18 goals and 23 assists in 122 games with the Penguins. Brassard and Sheahan both have expiring contracts, and the Panthers — who are trying to get back into the Eastern Conference playoff hunt — may move them again before the Feb. 25 trading deadline.“We’ll go game-by-game and week-by-week and then we’ll decide before the deadline what we’re going to do,” Tallon said.Pittsburgh also sent a second-round pick and two fourth-round picks in the 2019 draft to Panthers to complete the deal.Also on Friday http://www.officialwild.com/authentic-adidas-matt-dumba-jersey , Sullivan announced forward Evgeni Malkin would miss the next two games with an upper-body injury. Malkin, who had two assists in a win Wednesday against Tampa Bay, has five goals in his last 29 games.“I’m disappointed for him because he had a great game (Wednesday),” Sullivan said. “We think that was a game he could really build on, but we’re hopeful this is a short-term thing. Certainly the fact that he had a strong game as he did the other night is encouraging, and we’re looking forward to getting him back in our lineup.”
laiyongcai92

Claude Giroux is just 30 and is locked

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Lun 13 Mai 2019, 04:34

up until 2022 Arizona Coyotes Hoodies Authentic , so the 鈥楥鈥?seems sure to remain on his sweater for at least the next four seasons. But when the time does come for a changing of the guard, there are those in the Philadelphia hockey community who believe 21-year-old Ivan Provorov is destined to take over that distinction.Provorov spent this past summer resting up from a demanding season that saw him lead the Flyers in ice time for a second straight year while recovering from a Grade 3 AC separation (in which the collarbone is separated from the shoulder blade) sustained against Pittsburgh in the playoffs.He took painkilling shots before the deciding Game 6 and played, despite barely being able to lift his arm. That continued his team-record streak of having never missed a game from... All-Access +All-Access Member AreaPremium content and in-depth analysis from our team of experts exclusively for magazine subscribers. Simply login to unlock the content or become a member for less than $2.50 a month.LoginBecome a Member Like he does with so many things, Sidney Crosby makes it look easy.There was the time he shot the puck off the post and swatted the rebound into the net out of midair. Or, the time he waited for the puck to drop and backhanded it in for a goal. Or, when knocked the puck up to himself with his stick before tapping it in.”I think it’s just instincts,” Crosby said.It’s actually a mix of natural talent, instincts Arizona Coyotes Hats Authentic , awareness, timing, patience and hand-eye coordination. Crosby’s Pittsburgh teammates are still amazed every time he does it – and they should be.”It’s just a reactionary thing,” Penguins winger Conor Sheary said. ”When you see the puck go in the air, you just try to bat it. He’s better at it than a lot of other guys, and I don’t know what that is.”Batting a fluttering piece of frozen rubber 3 inches in diameter and 1-inch thick with a stick blade 2 to 3 inches wide is no simple task. Doing it at full speed in an NHL playoff game certainly raises the degree of difficulty. Yet a handful of goals have been scored or saved already this postseason with a player somehow able to connecting their stick with an airborne puck at the perfect time.As recently as Tuesday night, Capitals winger Alex Ovechkin batted the puck out of the air off the post in Crosby-esque fashion for the game-winner to beat the Penguins.”I hit the post and it’s a good thing I didn’t raise my arms up,” Ovechkin said. ”I finished up the play and got lucky.”Teams don’t have drills for this kind of thing Custom Arizona Coyotes Jerseys , but hockey players are always noodling with the puck, so the familiarity with both stick and puck becomes ingrained at an early age. Playing baseball and other sports growing up can’t hurt. Washington Capitals forward Brett Connolly, who scored a baseball-style goal with Boston in 2015, thinks players learn the skill and try to use it when they can.”Your athleticism kind of takes over at that point,” Connolly said. ”Once your hand-eye is at a high level, you kind of track the puck. I think as hockey players we’re always looking around, we’re so quick, our eyes are all over the place and we’re staring at the puck. You kind of just take a chance at it and sometimes it works out.”It worked out for Toronto’s Connor Brown on his goal in Game 5 of the first round when the puck bounced off a defenseman’s stick and he knocked it in before goaltender Tuukka Rask knew where it was. Columbus goalie Sergei Bobrovsky didn’t know where the puck was when captain Nick Foligno whacked it out of the air to prevent a goal during the first round against Washington www.officialbruinsproonline.com , either, a product of years of work.”That was actually my guy, so the least I could do was bat it out,” Foligno said. ”Honestly, I practice it so much with playing around with the puck that you just get used to it playing so many years. Obviously, a little bit of luck to make sure you get it out and not hit somewhere else.”To the surprise of no one, Crosby’s career is full of similar highlights. He once slugged a home run during batting practice at PNC Park some years ago.On the ice, Crosby doesn’t have to hit the puck as hard as Aaron Judge hits a baseball or as precisely as Roger Federer hits a tennis ball Boston Bruins T-Shirts Authentic , but Penguins winger Bryan Rust correctly points out: ”They’re also looking for it to be in the air. Our sport, the puck’s not supposed to be in the air.”Crosby and others figure it out anyway.”There’s a lot of things you’ve got to be aware of, and you need pucks to be in those areas to do it,” Crosby said. ”Sometimes you can go a period of time where you don’t get a puck that sits right there for you. I’ve been around the net when pucks have been able to kind of just lay there for me. There’s a lot of different factors, but I think just being in and around the net trying to expect different things and being ready for it.”Playing peewee baseball explains some of it for Crosby, a two-time season and playoff MVP who works on redirecting and bating pucks so often in practice it has become a routine way for him to score.Not so much for others, like Bruins forward Sean Kuraly, who played the waiting game during Game 1 of Boston’s series against Toronto and batted the puck in while falling over Maple Leafs goaltender Frederik Andersen.”You have to wait for the puck to come down Boston Bruins Hoodies Authentic ,” the otherwise-impatient Kuraly said. ”I’m a terrible baseball player. It has nothing to do with baseball.”Goalies with thicker blades on their sticks get into the act, too. Andersen robbed Rick Nash on a sure-fire goal in the first round in Game 6, and Pittsburgh’s Matt Murray extended his stick to stop Ovechkin in Game 2 of the Penguins-Capitals series.Goaltenders are counted on to keep the puck out by any means necessary.Scoring a goal by batting the puck in? Well, that’s just fun.”It’s a creative game. You’ve got to mix it up and be creative,” Connolly said. ”To score, you’ve got to try and do something different sometimes to get one.”—AP Sports Writers Jimmy Golen in Boston and Will Graves in Pittsburgh contributed.—
laiyongcai92

DALLAS (AP) — Anders Lee scored

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Lun 13 Mai 2019, 04:59

one of the most unusual of his 137 career goals on Sunday night — and it wasn’t even the most bizarre goal of the game.Nick Leddy’s shot from the top of the slot hit the left post and caromed to Anton Khudobin’s right skate Womens Craig Smith Jersey , where Lee poked the puck between the Dallas goalie’s legs for a tiebreaking power-play goal with 10:10 to play that sent the New York Islanders to a 3-1 victory over the Stars.“We’ve had a couple of odd ones like that,” Lee said. “Good things happen when you get pucks to the net. Huge little boost for us, a little momentum swing. They don’t always ask how they go in.”The Islanders’ first two goals went in off Khudobin, actually.Tyler Pitlick scored the game’s first goal for the Stars in the second period before Casey Cizikas tied it with a fluke goal at 14:10. Cizikas skated behind the net and shot a backhand that went off Khudobin’s mask and back before dropping behind the goal line.“It hit my head, bent over,” Khudobin said. “It hit the bar of the net. It started rolling back (down) and hit my back.”Bad breaks?“Yeah, lucky ones. It happens in hockey,” he said.Leo Komarov added an empty-net goal with a minute remaining.Khudobin finished with 25 saves.Islanders goalie Robin Lehner made 19 saves, six in the third period against a listless Dallas offense on the second night of a back-to-back.“You kind of get used to these types of games,” Lehner said. “There’s long periods of time when you don’t have much to do but (are) required to make a save here and there. I’m getting more comfortable with it.”Pitlick, a healthy scratch Saturday night at Minnesota, wouldn’t accept fatigue or losing a center to injury each night as an excuse.“It’s tough that the guys have to double shift, especially coming off a back-to-back. But we’ve got to find a way to dig in and get those points,” he said.New York has won four of its last five games to move within two points of Pittsburgh for third place in the Metropolitan Division.The Stars had won two of three. Dallas dropped behind Edmonton in the race for the Western Conference’s second wild card.In the first period, the Islanders outshot Dallas 9-7 and had two power plays to the Stars’ one. There were no shots on goal during any of the three man advantages.Pitlick scored 6:20 into the second. He stickhandled in from the left along the goal line, moved the puck to his forehand and shot it inside the right post.“I was looking to pass but they just kind of let me walk in Filip Forsberg Jersey ,” Pitlick said.Islanders coach Barry Trotz liked the result, especially with the team heading into a four-day holiday break.“We took a high-octane type of team and shut them down for the most part. There’s some pretty dynamic talent on that team. We did a really good job against their top players,” Trotz said.NOTES: Each team started its No. 2 goaltender. … Islanders D Devon Toews, 24, made his NHL debut because Johnny Boychuk returned to New York with his wife due to deliver their third child. … Dallas C Jason Dickinson was scratched from the lineup after leaving Saturday’s game because of an upper-body injury. C Martin Hanzal (upper body) did not play after the first period. … The players wearing No. 47, Komarov and Stars RW Alexander Radulov, scrapped and drew roughing penalties twice in the second period. Radulov had 20 penalty minutes in his first 26 games but added eight more against the Islanders. … Entering the game, New York and Dallas were among the seven NHL teams that had allowed fewer than 100 goals. The Islanders now have given up 98 and the Stars 102.UP NEXTIslanders: Return home to face Ottawa on Friday.Stars: Play at Nashville on Thursday. A look ahead to top enterprise and feature stories planned globally by AP Sports. New digests will go out each Thursday and Monday and will be repeated on other weekdays. Please note that story plans may change depending on news and other issues.For access to AP Newsroom and other technical issues, contact AP Customer Support at apcustomersupport(at)ap.org or 877-836-9477. For reruns, call the Service Desk 800-838-4616 or your local AP bureau.As with all our operations, we welcome and want your feedback. If you have thoughts or questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed, please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.All times are Eastern.—NOTE: The stories slugged Black History-Game Changers are part of AP’s coverage during Black History Month of how African-American athletes have used their platforms during the last 100 years to influence social and political change. Please see the Black History Month advisory for more details on the series.—WEDNESDAY, Feb. 7HKN–GOLDEN KNIGHTS’ STUNNING SEASONThe NHL wanted the Vegas Golden Knights to be competitive, but no one expected them to turn up this kind of magic on and off the Las Vegas Strip. Vegas is already the most successful first-year expansion franchise in league history and looks like a serious Stanley Cup contender as a result of shrewd moves by general manager George McPhee Juuse Saros Jersey , the coaching of Gerard Gallant and career seasons out of several players. What once looked like a team playing over its head during a hot start has become a sustainable success that has made the Golden Knights one of the best in the NHL right now. By Hockey Writer Stephen Whyno. UPCOMING: 950 words, photos, video by 5 a.m. on Wednesday.THURSDAY, Feb. 8BLACK HISTORY-GAME CHANGERS-JOHNSONThere was no more potent or more closely guarded symbol of white domination at the turn of the 20th Century than the title of heavyweight champion of the world. Then 32-year-old Jack Johnson stepped into the ring. By AP Sports Writer Kareem Copeland. UPCOMING: 950 words, photos and video by 3 a.m. Eastern on Thursday.FRIDAY, Feb. 9BBO–FOOTBALL TRAININGLAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – In the shadows of Disney’s Magic Kingdom, Carlos Gonzalez, Martin Prado, Jordan Schafer and several other Major League Baseball stars train alongside football players – using similar methods. Under the guidance of a former NFL strength and conditioning coach, baseball players do football cutting drills and lifting to prepare for spring training and the season. By Stephen Whyno. UPCOMING: 800 words, photos, video by 5 a.m. on Friday, Feb. 9.BKC–THE LOW-MAJORS-SLIM MARGINSACRAMENTO, California- Sacramento State appeared to have the type of team that could break the school’s NCAA Tournament drought in 2015-16. When senior point guard Cody Demps went down with an injury, those hopes disappeared in a hurry. Unlike the bigger schools in Division I college basketball that just bring another talented player off the bench Kyle Turris Jersey , small programs like Sac State have a razor thin margin for error. By Basketball Writer John Marshall. UPCOMING: 1,000 words, photos by 12 p.m. Friday.BBO-SPRING TRAININGBaseball enters its most unsettled spring training since 1995, with more than 100 free agents still on the market as players and Major League Baseball feud publicly about riches and rules. J.D. Martinez, Eric Hosmer, Mike Moustakas and Jake Arrieta were among the most prominent players still seeking jobs, and the players’ association could open its own camp for the unemployed. By Baseball Writer Ronald Blum. UPCOMING: 700 words, photos by noon Friday.MONDAY, Feb. 12BLACK HISTORY-GAME CHANGERS-ALIMuhammad Ali knew he didn’t have much time left. His career was at stake but more importantly, so was his freedom as he awaited the day he would formally refuse to be inducted in the armed forces of the United States. Ali embarked on a grand tour from a soccer stadium in England to the Astrodome in Houston to make some money before his fighting days came to an end. He would need it, because his refusal to be drafted ended up costing the heavyweight champion three years during what would have been the prime of his career. By Tim Dahlberg. UPCOMING: 900 words, photos, video and interactive timeline.THURSDAY, Feb. 15BLACK HISTORY-GAME CHANGERS-MUTED ERABlack athletes become superstars, signing lucrative endorsement deals and gaining tremendous popularity among whites. They become saturated in pop culture. And with so much to lose, some of the most prominent athletes became voiceless Youth Matt Irwin Jersey , not speaking out on societal woes and not willing to take a stand. O.J. Simpson. Michael Jordan. Tiger Woods. Rodney King’s brutal beating creates an outcry about police brutality. So much so that when Simpson is charged with murder, his trial will divide the country and stir racial tensions. Woods bursts onto the golf scene, destroying records held by whites. He was heralded by blacks, but wants to make sure he paid respects to his mother’s Asian heritage. By Jesse J. Holland. UPCOMING: 900 words, photos, video and interactive timeline by 3 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 15.—Again, if you have questions about the Sports Showcase Digest or the material listed, please reach out to Oskar Garcia, assistant sports editor for the U.S. east region, at 215-446-6632 or at ogarcia(at)ap.org.Thanks,AP Sports
laiyongcai92

Who’s ready for more contract news

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Mer 15 Mai 2019, 05:58

on April 15th that does not involve Russell Wilson? The Seattle Seahawks’ offseason workout program began on Monday Bradley McDougald Jersey Green , and with it came the official transactions..."Who’s ready for more contract news on April 15th that does not involve Russell Wilson? The Seattle Seahawks’ offseason workout program began on Monday, and with it came the official transactions concerning a host of players signing their tenders.We already reported about defensive lineman Quinton Jefferson signing his original-round tender as a restricted free agent. He’ll be on a one-year deal worth $2.025 million. The same can now be said for fellow RFA and popular offensive tackle/tight end George Fant (who had a second-round tender of $3.095 million), as well as nine Exclusive Rights Free Agents. Those ERFAs are:Austin Calitro, LBEmmanuel Ellerbee, LBJoey Hunt, CBranden Jackson, DEShalom Luani, FSJD McKissic Alex McGough Jersey Green , WR/RBTyler Ott, LSKalan Reed, DBJordan Simmons, GCalitro saw some playing time in the absence of K.J. Wright, Ellerbee scarcely played on special teams and was in and out of the practice squad, Hunt started one game when Justin Britt suffered an early season injury, Jackson was pass-rushing depth who appeared in nine games last year, Luani played almost exclusively on special teams Shaquem Griffin Jersey Green , McKissic missed much of the season due to a foot injury, Ott is the team’s long snapper, Reed was promoted from the practice squad midseason but has yet to play a down as a Seahawk, and Simmons had three starts in D.J. Fluker’s absence. What do the ERFAs, Fant, Jefferson, and Russell Wilson all have in common? They’re under contract through the 2019 season. The Seahawks activated Mychal Kendricks from the suspended list Monday. He will return to action Sunday.They waived linebacker linebacker Emmanuel Ellerbee in a corresponding move.In three games with the Seahawks, Kendricks made 15 tackles http://www.seahawkslockerroom.com/authentic-byron-maxwell-jersey , two sacks and a pass breakup.The NFL suspended Kendricks eight games under its Personal Conduct Policy for his guilty plea to federal insider trading changes. When the league announced the specific suspension Oct. 30, he received credit for three games he served under an indefinite suspension.The Browns released Kendricks after his legal troubles surfaced, and the Seahawks signed him shortly after his guilty plea.Kendricks faces a maximum sentence of 25 years in prison, with his sentencing scheduled for Jan. 24.Ellerbee played two games for the Seahawks after appearing in three for the Chargers earlier this season. He took 31 snaps on special teams and none on defense for the Seahawks.
laiyongcai92

Remember when everyone was mad?

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Mer 15 Mai 2019, 08:28

About that..."WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections 49ers Salary CapLevi’s Stadium Events49ers Transactions49ers Injury News49ers Press Conferences & Conference Calls49ers free agency 2019ESPN analysts think 49ers got bargains in free agencyNew Robbie Gould Jersey ,139commentsRemember when everyone was mad? About that...PDTShareTweetShareShareESPN analysts think 49ers got bargains in free agencyFree agency is winding down as far as the big, must-have signings are concerned, and the San Francisco 49ers were in the thick of things making all sorts of deals. They went and got Kwon Alexander and later grabbed Tevin Coleman, Jason Verrett, and traded for Dee Ford later signing him to a mega deal. It began with everyone wondering what the hell they were doing with all that money, but after the salary cap figures came out, Paraag Marathe—and John Lynch by extension, look like geniuses. We love it when people talk good things about the 49ers, and it’s even better when the national media is dedicating a segment to free agency and who did it right. ESPN answered some questions about free agency and several of their analysts had good things to say about the 49ers. In fact, they were saying an awful lot of good things and nothing bad. For starters, Mike Clay called the Jason Verrett deal the best bargain deal: There’s of course dissenters, and Jason Reid, along with Kevin Seifert think the better bargain was a 49ers deal, but for Tevin Coleman. Seifert compares the Coleman deal to Jerick McKinnon: And Reid compared it more to helping Kyle Shanahan’s offense: It’s always good when people are saying nice things about the 49ers. I’ve been preaching that the 49ers have a good deal of salary cap space, but that could go to zero real quick if they aren’t careful. The moves they’ve made make sense, carry some risk, but also don’t weigh terribly on their cap figures for the future. Jason Verrett is a great example of this: He has a high ceiling, and if things don’t go as anticipated in a year, the 49ers aren’t swimming in back-cash. If they do go well, the 49ers control his rights and get something long-term worked out. If things don’t work out Garry Gilliam Jersey , it still may hurt, but it won’t force their hands at drastic changes to the roster just to keep things. Outside of the Coleman/Verrett signings. The multi-year signings were (wisely) front-loaded and made cheaper in later years. That said, one has to wonder how long players will keep going for these deals before they want more job security and for those cap hits to filter through each year rather than be loaded of upfront. In any case, it’s not just one person bringing up the 49ers, but several in a segment that can't’ stop talking about these smart additions and contracts. We’ll see how this translates to the field. The 49ers announced changes to the team’s coaching and health and performance staffs.The changes included the additions of former NFL receivers Wes Welker and Miles Austin. Welker will coach the receivers, and Austin will serve as an offensive quality control coach.Welker, 37, joins the 49ers after spending the previous two seasons as an offensive/special teams assistant with the Texans.Austin, 34, arrives in San Francisco after working as a scouting intern for the Cowboys.The 49ers also named Daniel Bullocks as safeties coach, Shane Day as quarterbacks coach, Zach Yenser as assistant offensive line coach, Bobby Slowik as an offensive assistant and Brian Fleury as a defensive quality control coach.Day, 44, rejoins the 49ers as quarterbacks coach, having previously served as San Francisco鈥檚 offensive quality control coach from 2007-09. He spent the past three years as tight ends coach of the Dolphins.Ben Peterson will head player health and performance, with Dustin Perry as head strength and conditioning coach. Shea Thompson is the director of performance monitoring/assistant strength and conditioning coach, with Aaron Hill and Mike Nicolini working as assistant strength and conditioning coaches.
laiyongcai92

Ezekiel Elliott and the Dallas

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Mer 15 Mai 2019, 09:06

ARLINGTON Chris Conte Jersey White , Texas (AP) — Cowboys failed in their first attempt to wrap up the NFC East by losing to Indianapolis when the Colts badly needed a win for their playoff chase.Now the NFL’s rushing leader and his teammates will try again Sunday, this time facing an opponent with nothing on the line a week after Tampa Bay was eliminated from postseason contention with a loss in Baltimore.“I think everyone in this locker room understands how important this game is,” Elliott said with Dallas coming off the franchise’s first shutout loss in 15 years . “I think it would be kind of beating a dead cow to come in here and harping on what happened last week.”Jameis Winston and the Bucs (5-9) are putting the wraps on a strange year that began with the quarterback’s personal-conduct suspension, followed by his inability to keep the job once Ryan Fitzpatrick cooled off.Fitzpatrick’s struggles gave him another shot, and Winston is set for his fifth straight start, the longest stretch for either QB this year.“Even though we’re out of contention, it still feels good to win,” said receiver Mike Evans, a bright spot for an offense that had little trouble churning out yards but often didn’t turn them into points. “Christmas is coming up. It’ll be good to have Christmas sitting on a ‘W.'”The Cowboys (8-6) just want to end their division race.Dallas ran off five straight wins to earn the enviable position of needing one victory in the final three games to reach the postseason for the second time in three seasons with Elliott and quarterback Dak Prescott, the NFL Offensive Rookie of the Year on a playoff team two years ago.Moving the ball wasn’t a problem for the Cowboys in the first half of the 23-0 loss to Indianapolis, but they squandered several scoring chances. A defense that has carried Dallas most of the season had the bigger letdown in the second half.The Cowboys can win the division with another loss if Washington and Philadelphia lose. They don’t want to go there.“Guys were excited to get back there and get rid of that last game and kind of build from scratch and kind of build our swag back,” said cornerback Byron Jones http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-shaquil-barrett-jersey , who was voted to his first Pro Bowl this week. “I know we’re going to come out feisty and fierce.”Things to consider as the Cowboys try to build on a 9-1 home record in the series with the Bucs, 11-1 if you include two playoff wins in the 1980s:RACE IS ONElliott and Todd Gurley of the Los Angeles Rams have been locked in a duel for the rushing lead for several weeks. Elliott, the 2016 rushing champion as a rookie, extended his lead despite the Cowboys’ paltry showing at the Colts. He’s 98 yards ahead with two games left, and also leads in yards from scrimmage.DECEPTIVE NUMBERSThe Buccaneers have thrown for 4,464 yards, fourth-most passing yards through the first 14 games in NFL history behind the 2013 Broncos (4,713), 2000 Rams (4,706) and 2011 Saints (4,639). They’ve dropped from first to third in total offense (416.6 per game) over the past two weeks after leading the league for much of the year.Although they still have the No. 1 passing attack (318.9), that hasn’t translated into scoring enough points to win consistently. The Bucs are 12th in points scored (24.6) and 30th in points allowed (28.8).EASY ON LEEIt would be putting it mildly to say the Cowboys eased Sean Lee back in after the linebacker missed five games with his second hamstring injury of the season. He played seven snaps against the Colts. The emergence of rookie Leighton Vander Esch and Jaylon Smith is the primary reason O. J. Howard Jersey White , although the defense played poorly enough last week that perhaps more playing time for Lee is warranted.EVANS’ BANNER YEAREvans has 74 receptions and is closing in on Tampa Bay’s franchise record for receiving yards in a season. One of just three receivers in league history to begin a career with five consecutive 1,000-yard seasons, Evans has 1,328 yards through 14 games. He needs 95 to break Mark Carrier’s club record of 1,422 from 1989.“Hopefully I can get it,” said Evans, who has seven 100-yard games this season. “This week hopefully. If not, then next week.”LOOKING TO RETURNDallas right guard Zack Martin, who has now made the Pro Bowl in all five of his seasons, practiced Thursday for the first time since aggravating his left knee injury two weeks ago in a win over Philadelphia that pushed the Cowboys to the brink of the division title. He sat for the first time in his career against the Colts.If Martin returns, the Cowboys will have to decide between Xavier Su’a-Filo and rookie Connor Williams at left guard. Su’a-Filo went to the hospital in Indianapolis after getting poked in the eye by teammate La’el Collins. The eye is improving, and he was a full practice participant Thursday. The Buccaneers have a new playbook. And someone in Atlanta apparently has a copy of it.According to WSB-TV in Atlanta http://www.buccaneerslockerroom.com/authentic-justin-evans-jersey , thieves broke into Bucs running back Peyton Barber‘s SUV and stole his playbook.At roughly 5:00 a.m. ET on Saturday outside the聽Post Alexander high-rise in the Buckhead section of Atlanta, a group of men broke into Barber’s vehicle, stealing his passport, a tablet containing the team-issued playbook, and other belongings.Most teams allow tablets containing sensitive team information to be wiped clean remotely, and the device undoubtedly was password protected. If not, the reward offered by the Falcons could be bigger than any reward offered by Barber for the return of the device.: Per a source with knowledge of the situation, the tablet didn’t contain any current Buccaneers playbook when stolen. The old playbook had been removed, and the new playbook had yet to be loaded onto it. Also, the team was immediately notified about the theft, so that any lingering information could have been wiped clean.
laiyongcai92

3 reasons why the Philadelphia

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Mer 15 Mai 2019, 09:54

Eagles will lose to the Tennessee Titans There are plenty of reasons to be concerned about the Titans match-up with the Eagles on Sunday. However Bennie Logan Jersey , there are also quite a few reasons to be optimistic. Brandon Gowton, the smartest man on the internet and manager of Bleeding Green Nation, gives us his 3 reasons that the Eagles will lose to the Titans on Sunday.THREE REASONS WHY THE EAGLES WILL LOSE:1) Jim Schwartz’s defense struggles on the roadPhiladelphia’s defense plays very well at the home. Since the beginning of the 2016 season, the Eagles have allowed just 13.8 points per game when playing at Lincoln Financial Field. The Eagles are 17-3 in that stretch. Playing on the road has been a different story for Schwartz’s unit, however. In that same time frame, the Eagles are allowing 24.3 points per game in away matchups. They’re 7-10 in those contests. The Eagles obviously don’t have the same crowd noise advantage to help their pass rush in road games. That’s a bit of a concern going up a Titans offensive line that’s allowed the fewest quarterback hits through Week 3. Philly’s defense is very reliant on getting to the quarterback. It’s something they’re typically very good at doing considering they lead the NFL in pressures generated. But Marcus Mariota’s mobility presents the Eagles with a challenge they won’t face on most weeks. His ability to avoid pressure and take off running should be a concern for the Eagles. Since 2017, the Eagles have surrendered 282 rushing yards (6.6 yards per rush attempt) and one touchdown to mobile quarterbacks. 33 of those yards came on a run by Andrew Luck last weekend. 2) Carson Wentz might continue to be rustyWentz showed plenty of encouraging signs in his return to the field last week. But he also showed a lot of mental rust. Wentz threw an interception when he stared down Zach Ertz. He got the ball out late a little too often which caused some sacks and incompletions. I have complete confidence Wentz will improve over the course of this season. But it might take him more than just one game before he’s completely shaken the rust off. While I don’t think the Titans’ defense is a juggernaut just yet, the unit has performed well under new head coach Mike Vrabel and veteran defensive coordinator Dean Pees. Tennessee’s defensive line ranks 10th in pressures generated, per Pro Football Focus. The defense obviously did a great job of shutting down Blake Bortles, who had played well in Week 2, on the road last Sunday. The Titans might be able to stifle Wentz at times. It doesn’t help the Eagles that they’re still missing some skill players (Darren Sproles, Mike Wallace, and maybe more). 3) Special teams could be a factorThe Titans rank fourth overall in special teams DVOA while the Eagles check in at 29th. Tennessee is averaging 10.3 yards on punt returns and they’ve returned one kickoff for a touchdown. The Eagles, meanwhile, are averaging just 4.2 yards per punt return and 19 yards per kick return. Last week, the Eagles used Corey Clement at punt returner in place of Darren Sproles and he muffed multiple return attempts. Perhaps the wet and rainy conditions were to blame but it’s not like he has a ton of returner experience so that’s something to keep an eye on. If this turns out to be an ugly game, a special teams mistake could make all the difference. DEEP BALL!!!!!"WhiteFanposts Fanshots Sections Tennessee Titans PodcastInvestigating Marcus Mariota’s downfield accuracy in 2018New,175commentsDEEP BALL!!!!!CSTShareTweetShareShareInvestigating Marcus Mariota’s downfield accuracy in 2018Christopher Hanewinckel-USA TODAY SportsWith the two-week break leading up to the Super Bowl, I usually like to take this time to start charting for what I like to call The Deep Ball Project. Founded by me in 2014, The Deep Ball Project—as its name suggests—takes a look at the stats from a quarterback throwing the ball down the field. In previous seasons, the minimum requirement was 16 air yards. For this season, it’s now 21.The main goal of this project is to look at how accurate quarterbacks are at throwing the ball down the field Luke Stocker Jersey , regardless of whether the pass is completed or not. To help explain this, I created “Accurate Incompletions”, which look at accurate passes that were dropped or couldn’t be hauled in, and “Inaccurate Completions”, which look at completed passes where the pass wasn’t exactly accurate but the receiver made an outstanding (yet unnecessary) adjustment. Therefore, completed passes are different from accurate passes.That brings us to today at Music City Miracles. Marcus Mariota’s availability in 2018 was all over the place due to numerous setbacks, but that’s not what we’re looking at this time. We’re looking at how he did throwing the ball down the field.Now, many Titans fans found Mariota’s deep ball in his first two seasons—particularly 2016—to be pretty good, but I personally thought it was average in both years. Mariota, to me, really felt at home in the short/intermediate passing games, similar to Tom Brady. In 2017, however, Mariota’s downfield accuracy took a gigantic step up. In spite of an offense with a limited scheme and an ineffective, inexperienced group of receivers, Mariota’s deep accuracy was outstanding, as his 62.4 accuracy percentage finished second among all quarterbacks on all throws of 16+ air yards.For more, let’s look at how Mariota’s accuracy percentages turned out in his first four years in the NFL, according to The Deep Ball Project.2015: 45.9%2016: 43.6%2017: 62.4%2018: 61.7%Mariota’s growth as a passer can be highlighted by his growth as a deep ball passer. The leap he took in 2017 in spite of his overall raw stats was incredible. And in 2018, even with the setbacks due to injury, his accuracy on throws of 16+ air yards was remarkable. Brickwallblitz(My bad if the image is too small.)Highlighting some key stats from above, ACC/ATT looks at accurate passes out of the amount of attempts. As you may have noticed Will Compton Jersey , the amount of accurate passes (29) is different from the amount of completed passes (23). The Accurate Incompletion (ACC INCMP) and Inaccurate Completion (INACC CMP) stats are also on here as well, as is Passes Defensed (PD), which looks at the combined total amount of pass break ups, dropped interceptions, and interceptions.But with this year’s edition of The Deep Ball Project—which is about 1鈦? complete as of this writing—only throws of at least 21 air yards will qualify. So with this in mind, let’s take a look at Marcus Mariota’s chart for all throws of 21 air yards.BrickwallblitzNow, Mariota’s 50.0% accuracy on throws into Tight Windows (T. Windows) actually isn’t far off from his 50.7% accuracy in 2017, which ranked fifth among all quarterbacks. This is incredible considering last year’s ranking included throws of 16-20 air yards. His accuracy into Open Windows (O. Windows, 58.33%) is glaring, and is a giant step down from his 92.3% accuracy percentages in that area in 2017. His 37.5% accuracy percentage against pressure is a significant downgrade from his 71.4% percentage in 2017, which ranked second.Still, his accuracy overall looks pretty solid, and his accuracy on throws of 41+ yards (66.67%) in particular stands out. 16.57% of his passing yards resulted in yards after the catch, and no I don’t know where that ranks yet until I chart every quarterback.So even with several bad misses, Mariota’s downfield accuracy looked fine to me. I’m told Pro Football Focus said he was the most accurate downfield passer of 2018, though my numbers obviously differ from there’s. Anyway, to wrap things up, let’s look at a couple of Mariota’s downfield throws and briefly talk about them.gamepass.nfl.comHere’s a shocking development: The Titans still need to upgrade the receiving corps. The injury to Delanie Walker exposed how limited the group of receivers is, as Corey Davis was the only guy to consistently step up.This throw from Mariota to Tajae Sharpe resulted in an Accurate Incompletion, something that benefits Mariota’s accuracy percentage. The window the quarterback is given is extremely small, and while this is a tough catch to make, Mariota gave Sharpe a reasonable opportunity to make a play without the cornerback disrupting the pass. Based on where Sharpe is at the catch point Kenny Vaccaro Jersey , this probably wouldn’t have been a touchdown, but if he catches it and controls the ball as he hits the ground, it would’ve been right on the goal line. Sadly, Sharpe can’t make the play, resulting in an incompletion.gamepass.nfl.comThis time, not only is this pass caught, but it’s also caught for a touchdown by (guess who) Corey Davis. Davis’ development in his sophomore season was massive for the Titans, as he gives them a quality building block and one less hole to fill when fixing the receiving corps.This throw from Mariota is straight up perfect. Stephon Gilmore, arguably the best corner in 2018, plays zone against Davis, and Mariota launches the ball once Davis completes his in break. Like the previous throw, the window is tiny, but Mariota leads Davis just far enough where he’s able to make a clean play on the ball and collects himself a touchdown. It’s a dime from the quarterback.Things definitely could’ve gotten better for Marcus Mariota in his fourth season, but his deep passing ability has grown throughout the course of his career, going from a work in progress to a strength of his. His durability and availability have been the only things truly holding him back in the NFL, as he has displayed the accuracy and pocket presence required to play the position at full health.Either way, Mariota has proven himself to be worthy as a downfield passer, now he just needs to work on staying on the field.
laiyongcai92

LAS VEGAS (AP) — On one screen

Messagepar laiyongcai92 » Lun 20 Mai 2019, 04:28

LAS VEGAS (AP) — On one screen live video was showing how many feet per second Erik Karlsson was skating. On another was a video-game-like visualization of the game on the ice below between Vegas and San Jose. Nearby screens flashed prop bets — where the next goal would be scored from? would Max Pacioretty skate 3 miles tonight? — as odds were updated by the second.In a hallway high up in T-Mobile Arena Authentic Jonathan Toews Jersey , virtual reality headsets provided a view of the game from the perspective of anyone from Marc-Andre Fleury to Joe Thornton to a fan in section 214.The NHL this week tested puck and player tracking for the first time in regular-season games, an exciting step with plans to have it place across the league next season. The NHL will join and perhaps surpass the NFL with real-time tracking technology it hopes will have broad ramifications for teams, players and fans from Florida to Vancouver.An overwhelming amount of data will soon be available for analytics, broadcasters and, yes, gamblers as expanded sports betting takes hold following last year’s U.S. Supreme Court decision clearing the way.“It’s going to change the game in a big way,” said Dave Lehanski, NHL senior vice president of business development. “We’re going to go from tracking or capturing maybe about 350 events per game now — shot, pass, hit, save — to 10,000. That alone at the end of the day, you’re going to have a massive amount of new data that no one has ever seen before.”Microchips were added to player shoulder pads and fitted inside specially designed pucks for two Vegas Golden Knights home games this week Blake Comeau Jersey Womens , against the New York Rangers and the San Jose Sharks. Fourteen antennas in the rafters and four more at the suite level tracked movement through radio frequencies and relayed the data to suite 46, where league and Players’ Association executives and representatives from 20 teams and various technology firms, betting companies and TV rights holders were watching along with a handful of reporters.Tracking was tested at previous All-Star games and the 2016 World Cup of Hockey. The latest tests refined the logistics of using the technology in meaningful games, and also showed how the real-time statistics can be used on broadcasts, in betting applications and in creating virtual reality and augmented reality simulations.“Technology gives us a chance to bring our fans closer to the game, gives them a chance to look at the game from different perspectives,” Commissioner Gary Bettman said as the Golden Knights battled the Sharks. “And the opportunity is unlimited in an era where technology is developing at a record pace.”Fans will get their first real taste of the tracking system at All-Star Weekend on Jan. 25-26 in San Jose when NBC in the U.S. and Rogers in Canada will have access to the data to use on their broadcasts. If all goes according to plan, the full range of puck and player tracking will be in place to begin next season.The NHL and NHLPA have been discussing puck and player tracking for several years, and millions of dollars have been invested in the project. Player concerns over tracking data being used against them have been quelled enough that they agreed to wear the microchips.“I do think the potential positives far outweigh any negatives,” said Mathieu Schneider, a retired defenseman and special assistant to the NHLPA executive director. “It’s incumbent upon us to make sure we’re doing not only for the current guys what we can but for future guys. … I think the timing’s right.”The NHL owns the data but must share it with the union. Deputy Commissioner Bill Daly said the sides are on the same page and will talk about it more for the next collective bargaining agreement. One of the conditions is that teams are not allowed to use player tracking data in salary arbitration.“Who knows what’s going to happen with it?” Sharks captain Joe Pavelski said. “I think people like to see different stats, and the NHL’s probably trying to give fans a little bit of something like that. Maybe it affects some guys, maybe it doesn’t. Hopefully it only enhances players and their skills and how they play the game.”The NHL will join the NFL as the only major North American sports leagues with players wearing tracking technology. The NBA and Major League Baseball use sophisticated systems that can include radar and cameras.Jogmo World Corp. and the Fraunhofer Institute in Germany developed this particular system in conjunction with the NHL over the past three years. It has taken that long just to get it right; the rubber used to make pucks originally didn’t work with the sensors. The system tracks a puck 2 Patrick Kane Jersey ,000 times per second and players 200 times per second.“Overall, hockey’s the most challenging sport that you can think of because the highest mechanics, the highest speed, the highest impact,” Jogmo founder and CEO Martin Bachmayer said. “We had to change the puck recipe, the puck mixture to make that work. That was super difficult.”The NHL won’t say how much, but the new pucks are considerably more expensive than the frozen rubber varieties used over the past 100-plus years of hockey and any fans who went home with a puck from one of the games unknowingly got a piece of history and a valuable souvenir. How referees handle them and how equipment managers deal with the microchips on the shoulder pads were major elements of the testing this week, and adjustments will be made based on feedback from players and officials before next season.Starting next season, broadcasters will be able to flash up-to-the-second data during games, and at some point fans will be able to customize puck and player tracking stats as they watch online. The goal is to try to attract new viewers and give hardcore fans more to sink their teeth into.“The casuals will use it as a way to understand just how fast (hockey is),” NHL chief administrative officer Steve McArdle said. “All the things that they have heard about hockey will come to life through data right in real time. The avids, if they want to go super deep on the analytics that are going to be derived out of this thing, it’s a rabbit hole that you could go as deep as you want to go.”It could also change the way the game itself is played. Teams already have their own proprietary data http://www.officialavalanche.com/authentic-adidas-alexander-kerfoot-jersey , and the influx of standardized numbers and information with pinpoint accuracy down to the inch will make analytics even more advanced.“They want to have more information, so that really provides us with an opportunity to really make the clubs better and smarter,” NHL chief revenue officer Keith Wachtel said. PHILADELPHIA (AP) — Carolina had its second win over the Flyers in a week when the team’s social media department had fun trolling the NHL’s most popular mascot: “Gritty victory.”Gritty had to keep his googily eyes open and watch the latest Flyers’ flop. Some Flyers fans tried to avoid the latest disaster and wore paper bags over their heads.Dougie Hamilton, Justin Williams and Teuvo Teravainen scored second-period goals to lead the Carolina Hurricanes past the woeful Philadelphia Flyers, 5-3 on Thursday night.The Flyers are a mess and there may be little choice ahead but to dismantle the team by the trade deadline.“It’s like quicksand right now. We’re trying to get out and it feels like it’s just getting deeper,” Flyers forward Wayne Simmonds said.The Flyers fired coach Dave Hakstol and general manager Ron Hextall last month and the shake-up has yet to spark any kind of sign of playoff life for a franchise that hasn’t won a Stanley Cup since 1975. The Flyers lost their fifth straight game and fell to 3-5-1 under interim coach Scott Gordon since his promotion from the AHL.Simmonds scored in the third to make it 4-1 and end Philly’s scoreless streak that stretched more than 123 minutes. The Flyers got hot too late in the game: Sean Couturier and James van Riemsdyk also scored goals the third, but the rally died at 4-3.Teravainen’s second goal of the game ended the Flyers’ comeback and secured Carolina’s third win since Dec. 20. Petr Mrazek stopped 31 shots for the Hurricanes.“We did a good job just to stick with it, get the pucks deep and do our thing,” Teravainen said.The Flyers lost the last four games of a five-game road trip and not even a return home could help the hapless franchise. Once a tough ticket, there were thousands of empty seats at faceoff and the crowd thinned out after the Hurricanes scored three times in the second.“I thought we were in the game, it was tight out there,” Couturier said. “The next thing you know, a few penalties Erik Condra Jersey Womens , the PK doesn’t do the job and we’re chasing the game.”Philly fans finally went wild late in the second — when an Eagles highlight video flashed on the big screen and the crowd belted out the lyrics to “Fly, Eagles, Fly.”The Hurricanes have their own issues and have only four more points (39) than last-place Philadelphia. But the Hurricanes played like a team with playoff hopes and“We know where we’re sitting, so we know we need the points right now,” Hamilton said. “We’ve got a lot of games coming up before the All-Star break and stuff, so we’ve got to get on a little roll and help us get back in the standings.”Hamilton took a shot in his 204th straight game and connected with his fourth goal of the season only 1:56 into the period. Hamilton beat Michal Neuvirth for his first goal in 22 games.Williams, a former Flyer, scored his eighth of the season and Teravainen followed with his ninth late in the period for consecutive power-play goals for the Flyers.Neuvirth was helpless when Warren Foegele scored on a deflection for a 4-0 lead early in the third. What seemed like an ordinary goal in a rout turned into the cushion the Hurricanes needed for the second win over the Flyers this week. The Hurricanes scratched out a 3-1 win on Monday at home.“I don’t care how we win. I’ll take every point,” Carolina forward Sebastian Aho said.NOTES: The Flyers had updates on several players suffering from undisclosed injuries: G Brian Elliott (back practicing in 10 to 14 days); C Corban Knight (return to play mid to late February); D Andrew MacDonald (out at least one more game); D Sam Morin (ACL surgery, mid-February); C Nolan Patrick (return next week); and G Anthony Stolarz (practice this weekend). … Mrazek played in his 200th career game.UP NEXTHurricanes: Host Columbus on Friday night.Flyers: Host Calgary on Saturday.
laiyongcai92

PrécédentSuivant

Retour vers Historique des classements